Andrew Rosindell MP has visited Royal Mail’s Romford Mail Centre to pass on best Christmas wishes and encouragement to the postmen and women at their busiest time of year.
Mr Rosindell was shown round the office by manager Kevin Mccarthy and was introduced to the postmen and women who are working hard doing their bit to sort and deliver all the cards and parcels in the Romford area in the run-up to Christmas.
Mr Rosindell said:
“It was great to meet the hard-working Royal Mail postmen and women at Romford Mail Centre and to see at first hand just how much effort they put into delivering for people at this time of year.
“Postmen and women do such an important job at this time of year. I like to thank them for their efforts and wish them all the best over the busy festive period.”
Kevin Mccarthy, Royal Mail Plant Manager at Romford Mail Centre said:
“Christmas is the busiest time of year for Royal Mail. Our people really do pull out all the stops throughout the year to ensure mail is delivered quickly, but even more so over the busy festive period. We are grateful that Andrew Rosindell MP came along to see the hard work that goes on behind the scenes.”
Customers can help Royal Mail ensure that all their letters, cards and parcels are delivered as quickly and efficiently as possible by taking a few easy steps:
• Use a 1st Class stamp! – Post 1st Class for just 60p and have your Christmas card delivered the next day – anywhere in the UK.
• Post early! – Avoid disappointment by posting your cards and parcels early. The last posting dates this Christmas are: December 18 for 2nd Class mail; December 20 for 1st Class mail; December 22 for Special Delivery.
• Use a postcode! – A clearly addressed card or parcel, with a postcode, and return address on the back of the envelope, will ensure quick and efficient delivery.
• Use Special Delivery!– For valuable packages and parcels guarantee delivery with Royal Mail’s Special Delivery, which means your gift is tracked, traced and insured against loss.
• For more information about Christmas with Royal Mail visit: www.royalmail.com or call 08457 740 740.